Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Joy of Baking






On Sunday when I got back to school I decided that I wanted to get all of my friends together for a last hurray before finals and going home for the holidays. "What did I decided to do with them?" you ask. Well, it is Christmas time and the only thing that I could think of was baking and decorating Christmas cookies.

Yesterday I held a cookie decorating "party". Sure they weren't anything too fancy, just the very simple sugar cookies and homemade frosting. I made the dough, rolled it, used cute little cookie cutters (Christmas tree, candy cane, star, and Christmas stocking), and baked them just before everyone showed up so they were still just a little bit warm and the cookie aroma was lingering around my apartment when everyone showed up. I made lots of homemade frosting (it's a secret recipe....(OK you got me it's the one on the back of the box... but I did make it from scratch!)) and dyed it (red, yellow, and green (and left some to stay white)). I really thought I was in over my head, like what was I thinking in over my head... then I started to think about how many people would really show up because there is homework to do and finals to study for.


You know how all you need is the faith of a mustard seed, I had that. Boy was I wrong about being in over my head!!! It was a HUGE hit, tons of people stopped by to decorate cookies... (there's maybe a dozen that aren't decorated yet...) If I knew how much people enjoy decorating cookies I wouldn't have been so nervous about nobody showing up...

3 comments:

  1. Good job making those cookies and planning the shindig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!! I wish I was there to play too!! You should do that when you come home for Christmas. Let me know. I'll be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember when we decided to make cookies at my apartment last year? Only you and Courtney had to bring the cookie cutters, and we had to go get me a rolling pin. lol Seems like you were a little more organized, especially since the cookies were done in time, unlike the unfrosted ones we brought to the Harlan's...hahaha

    ReplyDelete