Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Couch to 5k

It's a new year and the start of a new me. I'm going balls to the wall honest with you all; I am 5'2" and weigh 170lbs. I need some accountability so I thought why not start here on my little blog. The challenge is to run a full 5k without stopping to walk. It doesn't seem like much, but this is the tip of the iceberg for my goals for the year. On March 16th I will be running Gnarly neon- color run- 5k with my sister and some friends in Modesto, CA and another race with my sister on April 7th Color Me Rad- color run in Fresno, CA. I have a couple other races in mind like in June The Udder Run which is a 5k in my hometown, July Wharf to Wharf a 10k in Santa Cruz, October Nike Women's half marathon in San Francisco, and January Disney's tinker bell run half marathon in Anaheim in Disneyland!

I love having a smart phone with the assortment of apps to help train you. My sister and I are using C25k (couch to 5k). We are training by running intervals every other day. We started on Wednesday and have completed 2 workouts.

Week 1 day 1: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week 1 day 2: Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

We also plan to do more muscle building workouts along with running. I plan on posting my weight weekly and our workouts every other day. You can follow both of our progress on Instagram @kmontague88 and @camontague



We're sexy and we know it!






No comments:

Post a Comment