Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Books

I have actually read books other than textbooks this semester, which has been surprising. I have read mostly Nicholas Sparks books, like Message in a Bottle, Dear John, The Choice, and A Bend in the Road; I have also been rereading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge; I have also been able to read Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone (it was for my English class, but it's not technically a textbook); and of course I have been reading my Bible (not just for my Exodus Deuteronomy class) I actually choose to read it (that sounds bad but it's true).

I have been against reading a certain book series just because it doesn't sound that appealing to me. I'm sad to say that I have been persuaded to read the first book of the Twilight series... I haven't started it yet but I am borrowing a friends book. I feel like I shouldn't be reading this book, especially it took since the very beginning of June until now that I put up a fight about not reading it. almost 6 months... 1/2 a year... so why now? I'm out of books to read... there are no more books in my apartment that I haven't read... I need something to do other than Facebook, Myspace, and Pioneer Woman, and you can only do so much homework in one sitting. Christmas is just a little too far away, I've made my list of things I want and books are in that list, but I can't buy the books I put on the list unless I don't get them for Christmas.




Also, I decided after getting an "A" on the narrative I wrote earlier in the semester to add to the story of my dream wedding. I will be working on it off and on so far, changes have been made, there is more description, and the reception is being thought out. I'm hoping I can put enough story line in to it that it becomes a book... I can dream and pray and cross my fingers right?
I'll keep you updated on my endeavor. If you have any ideas for the story let me know! All ideas will be considered and grately appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I have a whole bookshelf you can raid when you're home for Thanksgiving. I too am choosing NOT to read Twlight. I have no desire to read it, plus I have many other things to read instead. So if you can put off starting it for another week you'll be able to restock your library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask why you think you shouldn't be reading twilight?

    I mean I've read them...

    The vampires even believe in God (at least some of them) further in the serious... so if that's it??

    Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what Twilight is... I just started reading the Eldest which is the sequal to Eragon... LOVED Eragon!!! Fun read!!!! And its huge... and available in paperback. Just a thought. ;p I LOVE TO READ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney is a frustrated wedding planner, so have her help you with your dream wedding.

    ReplyDelete