Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquakes and Tsunamis

I have always been interested in earthquakes and tsunamis. There is something about them that I find fascinating but terrifying at the same time. In 4th grade during one of my breaks I even took a "class" on geology. We learned about the plates, volcanoes, earthquakes, and tsunamis... Oh and rocks... In 6th grade we had to write a report (term paper) on a specific natural disaster... I chose tsunamis...

Never in my life would I think that a place that is so dear to me would be affected by an 8.9 earthquake that took place on the other side of the pacific ocean.

Last night as I was getting ready to go to bed as usual the nighttime news was on but this time it was live in Japan an 8.9 magnitude had hit and there was a tsunami warning for Hawaii. I didn't want to go to bed because I was so in shock about how big the earthquake was!

This morning I find out that there was a 30 foot wave (tsunami) that had hit Japan, the tsunami that hit Hawaii was a 7 foot wave AND Santa Cruz, CA was affected as well. And they are predicting that it's only going to get worse throughout the day.

Something is going on under the earth's surface and it is scaring the living daylight out of me!

My heart goes out to those who have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami! I'm praying for healing, comfort and strength for all who were affected by these disasters.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment