Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Five books I can't live without

I've been slowly going through all of my belongings (example: clothes, jewelry, books, movies, etc.) while looking at my books to start thinking about which ones to purge. I noticed 5 books that I just can't live without.

1) The Bible- without it I'm lost! I know it's a Sunday school answer but it truly is a book that I can't live without!

2)To Kill A Mockingbird- I have read this book so many times that that cover is barely hanging on! Every summer my mom always made us choose a book to read, I'm pretty positive that she picked it for me in 5th or 6th grade (I probably wanted an American Girl magazine or something of that sort). I'm thankful for my mom buying this book for me it's lasted almost 13 years of being read yearly!

3) The Shack by Wm. Paul Young-I got this book in my Christmas stocking a few years ago. When I started reading it I could not put it down... I think I might've lost some sleep and skipped a few meals just because I was hooked! This book captured me and really made me think about how I perceive things (God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit). 

4) The Velveteen Rabbit- My mom probably read this to me when I was little a KAJILLION times (and yes kajillion is a number that I totally just made up! I love this book if you have never heard of or read it YOU MUST DO SO NOW!!!

5) Candide by Voltaire- So usually in school when you're assigned a book to read you kick and scream and find the spark notes for it... My sophomore year in high school my English assigned Candide I actually read it and a really loved it! It was old literature so the language was different but there was a charm to it that I would stink on rice trying to describe it.



What are 5 books that you can't live without?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment