Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Go to Chelsea's blog rootsandrings to join the fun!


1. How did your parents decide on your name?
The story I've heard all my life is that while my mom was nursing Paige and was pregnant with me (mom correct me if I'm wrong please!) she would watch soap operas one of which the token hott guy was named Caitlin, but they changed the spelling to Kaitlin because of Paige (they didn't want Paige to feel left out by not having the same first letter as everyone else)

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
KEM... Too bad my first name doesn't start with the letter R (my initials would be REM)...

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I've decided that my future husband has to give up his last name because Montague is such an awesome last name and I don't want to give it up! Just kidding although I love my last name I'll take my husbands.

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
I never really thought about it... I will not be using the same first letter for their names... (I will not be influenced by the Dugger's). I think biblical names would be cool though!

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Well if that's the case if I have girls their names would be Christina or Michelle and boys would be Matthew and William (I have nothing against these names, I have grown away from common names the more I think about baby names).

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down?
Kind of my dad was named after both of his grandpa's, my brothers middle name is my dads first name, on my moms side all the first born girls have the same middle name, my other sisters middle names are from my nana and my grampy, and my middle name is the same as my moms youngest sister and a great grandma (?). But nobody in my family is a jr. Or 3rd or anything like that.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I like the idea of what names mean and they might factor in, in some cases (I don't want the name to mean anything bad!)

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Both we had a dog named Oscar and my sisters dog is named Riley. My frogs are named Fred (I made it easy on myself they look exactly the same) all the rest of our pets are either named after something like Hobie, Skippy and Monty (which is a nickname for Montague).

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Yes! More than you would think! I think a lot of it has to do with growing up in a small town everyone has the same name (it seems that way at least) and I enjoyed being the only Kaitlin until my senior year! The other reason is that some weren't nice people and I associate their names to how they act.

10. What are some of your favorite names?
I really like older names like Olive and Pearl for girls and Dean and Levi for boys. I also really like when girls have boy names (Charlie, Taylor, Ryan, Max and Jordyn)

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a girl named Max! But I agree, I like when girls have boy names. Although it's scary because what if she's a major tom-boy??

    ReplyDelete