Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Nannying

In August I started watching two toddlers. My weekly schedule is Mon.-Thurs. from 7:40am-3:30pm.
About a month ago I started watching two more toddlers (TWINS) I watch them on Fridays from 9:45am-2:00pm. I absolutely love being a part of the Alvernaz and Dickey families as their nanny. The role that I've been given as caregiver for their children is a honor. These kids are full of curiosity, laughter, excitement and growth. And there has yet to be a dull moment. I will say that everything has its ups and downs and each day I have to work with whatever mood the kids may be in good and bad. 
KatieJoy is 22 months old and her vocabulary has taken off like a rocket! She is a kinetic learner and is a true girl! Tutu's, purses, shoes, painted toe nails, and baby dolls she loves them all (except her hair being played with and bows...)! She nicknamed me Kiki.  I love  it when her days are full of smiles and laughter, because when she's upset she lets you know!


Calen 3 years old. This goof ball has an imagination that my reality cannot handle! He is all about cars, trains and toy story. He loves books and movies (because of him I can recite The Polar Express word for word!) and can recite several movies almost to a T! Everyday this guy puts a smile on my face by doing or saying something funny (he doesn't always know why I'm laughing though!)



Carson and Harper just turned 1 in January. They are walking with no assistance and are starting to talk; it's still hard to understand exactly what they're saying but at least they're trying!


Nannying has been a great job for me this year, but I now have a new found respect for parents (including my own). Watching children all day all week has taught me my weakest and my strongest moments.The realization of just how hard times can be and how right now in my life I am not ready to have kids of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment