Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Single

I've been praying a lot lately about my future in regards to marriage and occupation. I am aware that I am only 23 and have time to settle down and and figure out where God wants me to be working. Each day when these topics are brought up while in prayer I've been put at ease that God is still working in my heart and my future's heart. With that there is a comfort that all will be alright. It's been a battle of mine not knowing exactly what my future beholds (I'm not one who enjoys surprises), but within the last year I know that Jesus is more than enough for me. Whether I get married or not Jesus will always be with me and what is greater than that!? I continually hear that I will make a great wife and mom. I take these compliments are genuine and true (hospitality is one of my gifts), however I know that at this point in my life being a wife or even a parent is not for me. I love feeling needed and wanted, but I myself need and want to grow to be better (more mature, loving, caring, and more in love with Christ). This last summer I was in a relationship and now that it is said and done and I've been able to look back and see that there were issues that would have broken the relationship later on down the road I'm glad that it ended sooner than later. I've also realized how much in love with the thought of being in a relationship more than actually being in a relationship. I've been trying to find my way back to the Almighty King. Our culture is all about status whether it is monetary, appearance and relationships... Right now, I am only going to touch base on one of the three; relationships. Our culture has put relationships in the "I need to have it" and  the "I want to have it" categories. I find my self seeming desperate with such a thought of "I want" or "I need".

In Genesis when God creates Adam He makes him a companion. No creature would suffice. God gets this CRAZY idea that the only companion for man is of man! God created woman out of Adam's rib... God has given every creature he created a desire to have a companion/mate/soulmate. Then why do I feel desperate for longing for that companion? My mind is telling me the reasons why I want to be in a relationship and none of the reasons have anything to do with the one who created relationships; God.

I am excited for the day God reveals his plan for me, but for now I wait for Him to call and lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment